Friday, January 21, 2011

In the news: My thoughts

Heres some of my thoughts about some things that have recently been in the news:

 Jean-Claude Duvalier, former Dictator of Haiti, is arrested in Haiti two days after he arrives in the country. Charged with Corruption and Embezzlement. Come on people, who didn't see this coming. He was a dictator for 15 years that cared more about his personal pleasures than his people. I can't beleive i've seen pictures of supporters of this man!

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is in the news again. Apparently it was a 17 year old this time. They both deny it, but I'm not sure I would believe anything that comes out of  Berlusconi's mouth regarding anything that has to do with women. After all the gaffes and his displays of poor taste, he really should be replaced as his party leader
 
Gabrielle Giffords to be moved from hospital to rehab facility. I'm glad she survived, and hope she gets to return to her chosen occupation. Best of luck to her. Maybe the violent rhetoric (I'm looking at you Palin.) in the states will cool of a bit for a while. (On a side note: Blood libel, Sarah? Are you TRYING to find ways to be massively offensive?)

Austrian authorities are searching for a bank robber who uses a Barack Obama mask during his holdups. Lets face it: This is just Fucking bizarre. Please put the gun down, Mr. President. 

A little closer to home for me: British Colombia meat plant covers up positive E. coli test. Why the fuck would you cover this up? People could have been killed! Fuckers! Putting your own interests before the safety of the people? They could be members of the Republican party!

Wikipedia turns 10! Here is hoping for another 10 years. I'm addicted to the little blue links. Look something up and end up somewhere totally different from where you started. It's an adventure!

For the record, I avoided Fox news like the plague while reading stories, as i have found that their news tends to be highly biased and sometimes downright false or misleading.

Thats all I have for today. Sorry about the long pause, Christmas time and then a panicked couple of weeks at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment